Monday, February 14, 2011

Morning Conundrums

This morning is the official start of following the dreaded meal plan. Hubby and I are supposed to start the morning off earlier than usual in order for him to sit with me through meal #1, breakfast. It didn't work out that way... this morning. Hubby thought I meant just on the weekends we need to get up early so he can sit through breakfast with me. What? Seriously? You think I need help on just the weekends? Huh?

I was quite upset that he didn't realize it was EVERY DAY. He didn't formally apologize but he did say he will get up earlier and it would be nice to have a bowl of cereal before he heads off to work. Yes! Now it seems that he gets it. And it's a good thing too because this morning has been one trigger after another.

Burned my piece of toast. Eh, I'll cover it up with the egg yolk and spinach. It should be ok. Egg was a bit runny and that is just gross. Eh, I'll live. It's not THAT runny. Dropped a piece of gooey toast dripping with egg yolk on my jammies. I'll just use a napkin to clean it off. Not that big of a deal. Poor spinach, you taste like pure salt! Grrrr... I guess I put too much salt on my spinach. I didn't realize there could ever be a situation where I added too much salt. After all, I do love my salt. My reaction, I'll just grin and bare it. Shoot, I dropped my fork. Time to get a new one.

My morning is so thrown off and I sit here with this food in my stomach feeling gross. Such is the way to recovery. I'm committed. I hate how I feel but I need to do this. I've already thought of a million ways on how I can cheat this meal plan but there's no point. It's not going to benefit me. Sure it may benefit my hips but it's not about the hips. It's deeper than that. Why do I want to cheat? What does it prove and to whom? Questions to dig and find answers for.

Time for me to start my "normal" morning routine. Breakfast is done: check! I figuritively see my dietician smiling at me :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment